Friday, December 6, 2013

Le Perron Noordermarkt - Amsterdam

 




 
One of my favorite things to do in a European city is shopping in the markets. In the western canal section of the Jordann, there is the small, but very active, Noordermarkt. Here you can find cheese, bread, cakes, vegetables, dairy products, honey, clothing, hand made hats, books and more. We came across a bakery called Le Perron, that was selling their breads as fast as they came out of the ovens. I saw this beautiful black olive baguette that had my name written all over it. We purchased it and when the friendly clerk gave me the bag, the bread was still warm. Needless to say, I ate 1/2 of the bread before we made it to the next market. The rest would have to be eaten later.
 
The Noordermarkt is located just a short walk from the Anne Frank House along the Prinsengracht at 1095 MV Amsterdam.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment